Wednesday’s Top AI Computer Picks
Two NHL matchups take place tonight, one of which involves the Toronto Maple Leafs, who started round 2 as the Pre-Stanley Cup favorites at +350 but now face possible elimination and possibly even being swept 4-0 in the series.
Elsewhere, the Edmonton Oilers and Vegas Golden Knights play out their fourth game of the series. The Golden Knights lead 2-1.
Wednesday, May 10, 2023 – 07:00 PM EDT at FLA Live Arena
Maple Leafs Must Win or Will Be Sent Packing
Toronto came into this round 2 matchup against the Florida Panthers as outright Stanley Cup favorites at +350 following the exit of the Boston Bruins but trailing 3-0 against the team who KO’D the Bruins. The Maple Leafs find themselves fighting just to avoid being swept 4-0, never mind the possibility of winning four games on the bounce.
It’s all or nothing in this road matchup for Toronto, encouragingly for the Maple Leafs, they are 8-2 in their previous 10 road games and have not lost in regulation in 10 games on the road.
Toronto Maple Leafs
- 6 of 9 games in this series have gone under the total over the last 3 seasons (+3.0 Units).
- The total has gone under in 5 of Toronto’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference.
- The total has gone under in 5 of Toronto’s last 5 games.
- The total has gone under in 7 of Florida’s last 7 games played in May.
- The total has gone under in 5 of Florida’s last 5 games against Toronto.
- Florida are 9-3 in their last 12 games when playing at home against Toronto.
Our computer predicts the Florida Panthers will send the Maple Leafs packing tonight. It’s very possible they do, but we would rather target the under 6.5 total for +110 NHL betting odds as its very rare to get plus money on a 6.5 line.
Our computer predicts five goals will be scored in this matchup; we can allow six and still cash. Given these teams total under stats being solid, as well as the fact this is a knockout game, we are happy to take the under here for some nice odds, we would bet this down to -110.
Predicted Score: Toronto Maple Leafs 2 – Florida Panthers 3
NHL Pick: Under 6.5 Goals (+110) at Bet365
Wednesday, May 10, 2023 – 10:00 PM EDT at Rogers Place
Edmonton Oilers Look to Tie Series
Trailing 2-1 coming into this home game, the Edmonton Oilers look to avenge Game 3’s 5-1 defeat. Having scored the first goal of the game in the opening three minutes, amazingly the Golden Knights were able to keep the Oilers to just 28 shots on net in the entire game, with the Oilers failing to score again.
Vegas Golden Knights
- The total has gone under in 5 of Vegas’ last 7 games when playing on the road against Edmonton.
- Vegas is 6-1 in their last 7 games.
- The Golden Knights are 57-33 ATS in all games this season.
- Edmonton is 14-4 SU in their last 18 games.
- The Oilers are 12-3 ATS (+6.8 Units) after a loss by 2 goals or more in their previous game this season.
- Edmonton is 24-9 ATS (+10.5 Units) revenging a loss versus opponents this season.
Edmonton are one of the best teams at bouncing back following a loss. The stats above prove that, and they did just that in Game 2 of the series following a 6-4 defeat in the first game, they then went on to win 5-1 in the second matchup.
On home ice tonight, we believe the Oilers can cover the -1.5 PK line, and at +135, we are more than willing to place this bet as it’s really good value along with the fact that our computer is also predicting an Oilers victory by 2+ goals.
Most importantly, the Golden Knights are now minus 3 goaltenders, meaning ex Oilers player Adin Hill will likely start in the crease tonight.
Predicted Score: Vegas Golden Knights 2 – Edmonton Oilers 4
NHL Pick: Edmonton Oilers -1.5 (+135) at BetMGM