Each week throughout the college football season OddsTrader scours the college football odds board to alert you of three of the biggest potential upsets for Week 2.
These are underdogs that will not only cover the spread but are poised to pull the outright victory. Let’s see what we have this week!
- Boise State ML (+145) at Bet365
- Tulane ML (+240) at Caesars Sportsbook
- Nebraska ML (+140) at Caesars Sportsbook
Saturday, September 09, 2023 – 07:00 PM EDT at Albertsons Stadium
- Boise State has been an underdog on only eight occasions over the past five seasons and are 6-2 SU and ATS in those games.
- Boise State running back George Holani rushed for a team-leading 51 yards on 10 attempts in the team’s season debut.
- UCF is 2-4 against the spread when installed as a favorite of a touchdown or less in the last six games under those circumstances.
We will see plenty of public money flooding the betting windows on UCF after they pounded lackluster Kent State, 56-6, while Boise State was trounced 56-19 by national powerhouse Washington last week.
However, we should know that the Knights are not as good as they looked in their debut nor are the Broncos as inept as they appeared in their blowout loss to Washington. We are getting Boise State as a rare underdog and if we can get north of a field goal – which we can if we go to Bet365 – then this is a value bet worth making.
College Football Pick: Boise State +3 ½ (-110) at Bet365
College Football Pick: Boise State ML (+145) at Bet365
Saturday, September 09, 2023 – 03:30 PM EDT at Yulman Stadium
- Tulane is 5-0 ATS over their last five home games.
- Tulane is 3-0 ATS over their last three games when installed as the underdog.
- Tulane quarterback Michael Pratt completed 14-of-15 passes for 294 yards and four touchdowns last week in the Green Wave’s 37-17 victory.
Huge scoring games attract the public’s attention which is exactly why the masses will be laying the 7.5 points and betting on Ole Miss after the Rebels 73-7 thrashing over FCS entry, Mercer. It was a slaughter, as many believed it would be, as the Rebels were installed as 35-point home chalk and did not disappoint.
Let’s also not forget that Ole Miss has the street cred that the SEC will bring any team. The oddsmakers understand all this and will adjust the line accordingly. Remember, the college football odds and lines set by the oddsmakers reflect the number they believe will get an equal amount of dollars on either side.
It is not, as many casual bettors believe, a score prediction by the top online sportsbooks. Bookmakers predict public perception not the outcome of the games because all they want is an equal amount wagered on each side so they can collect the vig and have no vested interest in the outcome.
In this case, the oddsmakers are aware the public will be backing the Rebels which is why we should get on the other side and not only fade the public but back a talented Tulane team that is getting north of a touchdown at home!
College Football Pick: Tulane +7 ½ (-105) at Caesars Sportsbook
College Football Pick: Tulane ML (+240) at Caesars Sportsbook
Saturday, September 09, 2023 – 12:00 PM EDT at Folsom Field
- Nebraska is 5-0 ATS over their last five games dating back to last season.
- Nebraska has hit the 1H Moneyline in 3 of their last 4 games (+6.60 Units / 165% ROI).
- Nebraska held Minnesota to just 55 rushing yards in their season opener.
Some thought Deion Sanders was a bit over the top after his team’s stunning 45-42 upset victory over TCU as 21-point road underdogs. Sanders let it be known that any reporter who doubted him and his Buffaloes would be getting a big old piece of humble pie straight from Sanders’ bakery.
And while that is completely understandable, what we should be cautious of is the loud, cocky, and reckless attitude he’s bringing after a seismic win. It is the perfect recipe for what we call a trap game this week. The Buffaloes are riding high and could very well be reveling in their press clippings instead of preparing properly for the Cornhuskers.
Speaking of which, Nebraska bowed 13-10 to Minnesota last week but covered the number as 7.5-point road dogs. We should also know that the Huskers’ defense was more than stout against the run, allowing just 55 rushing yards against the Gophers.
And Nebraska will likely do the same this week as Colorado only got, coincidentally enough, 55 rushing yards against TCU.
But can Nebraska put a lid on Shedeur Sanders and the prolific arm that put up over 500 yards and five touchdowns last week? Well, it’s doubtful they’ll stop him but they can contain him and this is a perfect spot to fade the public and hang with the sharps.
College Football Pick: Nebraska +3 ½ (-113) at BetRivers
College Football Pick: Nebraska ML (+140) at Caesars Sportsbook