Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Edmonton Elks
Friday, July 22, 2022 – 09:00 PM EDT at Commonwealth Stadium
- Spread: Blue Bombers -7 (-110)
- Total: 47 (-110)
Will the Elks Ever Get That Elusive Home Win?
The Edmonton Elks are becoming something of a CFL anomaly, as we enter CFL Week 7 with the team at 2-4 and both wins being on the road.
That’s nothing new in Edmonton, whose home field form was abysmal in 2021. Head coach, Chris Jones is painfully aware that the next step for the Elks is to win a home game at the Commonwealth Stadium.
He said, “Hell, it’s been a long time since we won a home game so as an organization it’s extremely important”. He went on to further lament the fact, stating their performances at home had been poor and they deserved little other.
- Kai Locksley has been impressive and versatile all-season again scoring two touchdowns last week.
- Entering the final quarter 13 points adrift and winning the match shows that there’s a strong team belief in Edmonton and they have had echoes of their other 2022 CFL win in Hamilton.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers Look Unbreachable
Preserving their unbeaten CFL 2022 record to 6-0 wasn’t always easy against the Calgary Stampeders but they got there in the end, winning 26-19.
- A dazzling CFL debut for Carlton Agudosi, scoring two touchdowns and just adding another notch to the Blue Bombers’ overall squad strength.
- Agudosi also struck up a strong immediate understanding with the quarterback, Zach Collaros who had a solid game, as usual, throwing over 300 yards with no interceptions.
- It was defensive back, Demerio Houston, that drew praise from the head coach, Mike O’Shea for his non-stop running after lost causes that eventually saw him grab the loose football from the hands of Calgary receiver, Kamar Jorden.
Our Week 7 Pick
If the Edmonton Elks are to break their home field hoodoo, they will need to do it in style by beating the reigning Grey Cup champions, Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
It’s a hell of a task for the Elks this week and all they can hope to do is keep the score respectable.
For those obvious reasons, I’m going to trust the Bombers to cover the spread at a touchdown with Bet365.
CFL Pick: Winnipeg Blue Bombers -7 (-110) at Bet365
Toronto Argonauts vs. Saskatchewan Roughriders
Saturday, July 23, 2022 – 07:00 PM EDT at Mosaic Stadium
- Spread: Roughriders -6.5 (-110)
- Total: 47 (-110)
Will Saskatchewan gain quick revenge?
Last week at OddsTrader, the Toronto Argonauts did readers and followers a big favor, providing winners on both the spread and money line with a home-field win against the Roughriders.
This week with home field advantage of their own, the Saskatchewan Roughriders have a quick chance to gain revenge.
- It’s been a busy opening to the Saskatchewan Roughriders 2022 campaign so it’s little wonder they looked less than sharp last week in Toronto. Still awaiting their bye week, the Roughriders at least have home field advantage this week having gone 3-0 so far at the Mosaic Stadium.
- Saskatchewan Roughriders were hurt when defensive back, Rolan Milligan and defensive end, A.C. Leonard were ruled out shortly before the Riders took the field.
- Already without Garrett Marino through suspension, it was exposed a little in the opening half as the Argonauts took a 17-14 lead but more importantly built confidence in their team.
Can the Argonauts do the double?
With both Toronto Argonauts wins coming with the comfort of a home field match, they now have to prove they have what it takes to win away in the CFL regular season. A tough battle awaits against the Roughriders, who have proven difficult at the Mosaic Stadium.
- The Argonauts’ only road trip this year saw them slammed by a rampant BC Lions 3-44.
- A 50-yard interception returned for a touchdown by Wynton McManis with two minutes remaining on the clock was the difference between the two teams.
- McLeod Bethel-Thompson avoiding being sacked was a huge improvement from the Argonauts quarterback, though as mentioned the Saskatchewan Roughriders were not at their defensive best.
Our Week 7 Pick
It’s hard to be sure of what to expect from the Toronto Argonauts this week but we will learn more about their CFL potential.
Unless fatigue kicks in for the Saskatchewan Roughriders, their ability to post points in all their matches has been something to rely on.
With that in mind and home field to help, I’m going to trust the Saskatchewan Roughriders to cover the spread of less than a touchdown with Bet365.
CFL Week 7 Pick: Saskatchewan Roughriders -6.5 (-110) at Bet365