Week 7 is in the books and it was another thrilling one for fans and bettors alike. Let’s take a look at our updated Power Rankings and don’t forget to look at the current lines for next week, as well as our Power Line which will render the Betting Edge, furnishing you with an advantage in your NFL picks.
Remember you can go over our nifty tool explanation with our Week 1 post and remember to check back every Tuesday for analysis of the adjustment in the positions.
Now, let’s review our Top 10 teams and see if you agree.
1. Tampa Bay Bucs (6-1 SU, 3-4 ATS) Next: at Saints – It’s certainly not surprising at all that the Bucs own the No. 1 passing offense in the league when you have a surefire, first-ballot, future Hall-of-Famer surrounded by weapons galore. The Bucs toyed with their food last week en route to a 35-3 beatdown of the Bears and will now invade the Big Easy as they take on the Saints.
2. Buffalo Bills (4-2 SU, 4-2 ATS) Next: vs. Dolphins – The Bills had an entire two weeks to lick their wounds after their loss to the Titans but they should get well in a hurry with a curb stomp of a divisional rival, Miami, this week.
The NFL odds being hung on this game reveal Buffalo as 13.5 point home favorites but the OddsTrader Power Line has the Bills as a 22-point favorite rendering an 8.5 point Betting Edge. Something to consider when you are making your NFL wagers this weekend.
3. Arizona Cardinals (7-0 SU, 6-1 ATS) Next: vs. Packers – The Cardinals are No. 3 on our list despite being the only undefeated team remaining. But that has much to do with who they’ve defeated, or more precisely, who they haven’t. But this week they will get to square off against one of the true powerhouses in the league as Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers travel to the desert in a sensational Thursday night showdown.
4. New Orleans (4-2 SU, 3-3 ATS) Next: vs. Bucs – The Saints escaped the Emerald City with a 13-10 victory over the Seahawks in what was supposed to be a much more offensive matchup. Nevertheless, the Saints keep rolling but they will have a stern test this week when Tom Terrific and the Bucs come marching into town.
5. Los Angeles Rams (6-1 SU, 4-3 ATS) Next: at Texans – Matthew Stafford visited his old Motown stomping grounds last week and did what Matt Stafford does in registering three touchdowns and 334 passing yards resulting in a workmanlike 28-19 victory over the Lions. The Rams will get another cupcake this week when they visit Houston and deliver a good ol’ Texas whoopin’ to their hosts.
It’s a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock ‘n’ Roll)
6. Green Bay Packers (6-1 SU, 6-1 ATS) Next: at Cardinals – The Packers rolled over another foe last week when their defense put the clamps on Washington en route to a 24-10 victory and cemented their place at the top of the NFC North with no company in sight. However, this week they will take front and center in the week’s marquee matchup when they knuckle up with the undefeated Cardinals in the desert on Thursday night.
7. Indianapolis Colts (3-4 SU, 5-2 ATS) Next: vs. Titans – The Colts have now won three of their last four with the only loss during that time coming via an overtime thriller against the Ravens. And this week they will welcome the surging Titans in a hotly contested divisional tilt that could prove pivotal down the road.
8. Baltimore Ravens (5-2 SU, 3-4 ATS) Next: BYE– There is a new sheriff in town in the AFC North and the Ravens found that out the hard way as the Bengals trounced the Birds, 41-17, last week.
In what could be a passing of the proverbial torch in a division that has been ruled exclusively by the Steelers and Ravens, the Cats have made a statement but Baltimore gets another bite at the apple when they return to welcome the Vikings in Week 9.
9. Dallas Cowboys (5-1 SU, 6-0) Next: at Vikings – The Boyz are on a roll after escaping Foxborough, Mass with a 35-29 overtime win over the Patriots and getting two weeks to prepare for their visit to Minneapolis and the Vikings. The Cowboys are the darlings of every NFL bettor who has hitched his or her wagon to their big silver star as they are a perfect 6-0 against the number and looking to make it seven straight covers on Sunday.
10. Tennessee Titans (5-2 SU, 5-2 ATS) Next: vs. Colts – It has taken a while for the Titans to crack our list but that has everything to do with their 27-24 overtime loss to the woeful Jets in Week 4.
However, the Titans have rebounded in dynamic fashion with consecutive wins over AFC powerhouses Buffalo and last week against Kansas City. They will get to cement their place at the top of the AFC South with a win over their divisional rivals from Indianapolis this week.