Week 14 is in our rearview mirror and that means it is time for the OddsTrader Power Rankings. Every week throughout the NFL regular season, we take a look back at the week that was, and in conjunction with each team’s body of work throughout the season, assign a rank to each club. Let’s see where we are ahead of Week 15 and see if there was a shakeup at the top!
Remember you can go over our nifty tool explanation with our Week 1 post and remember to check back every Tuesday for analysis of the adjustment in the positions.
Now, let’s review our Top 10 teams and see if you agree.
1. Tampa Bay Bucs (10-3 SU, 7-6 ATS) Next: vs. Saints – Nothing has changed at the top of the charts as the Bucs nearly let a three-touchdown lead evaporate last week but came away the victors in a thrilling 33-27 win over the Bills. Next up for Tom Terrific and company is an opportunity to avenge an earlier loss to their divisional rivals from New Orleans.
2. New England Patriots (9-4 SU, 9-4 ATS) Next: at Colts – The Patriots are coming off of their bye week and will travel to Indianapolis to face the gritty Colts. New England’s defense has been stellar as of late, allowing just a click over seven points per game over their last five contests. The Pats are in control of the AFC East and Bill Belichick is putting his stamp on another Coach of the Year Trophy after retooling in the offseason from a dismal 2020 campaign.
3. Buffalo Bills (7-6 SU, 7-6 ATS) Next: vs. Panthers – If you’re counting the Bills out after their second consecutive loss, we’re not, because they maintain their No. 3 status in our power rankings. The Bills staged a gritty (almost) comeback against the defending Super Bowl champs last week only to fall short in overtime. Josh Allen and company should get well this week against the Carolina Cats.
4. Kansas City Chiefs (9-4 SU, 6-7 ATS) Next: at Chargers – The Chiefs are back, and after riding their defense’s coattails over the last several weeks the offense came alive and drilled the Raiders at Arrowhead, 48-9, to maintain their grasp on the top spot in the AFC West.
5. Indianapolis Colts (7-6 SU, 8-5 ATS) Next: vs. Patriots – The Colts were idle last week but face an enormous test on Saturday when they welcome the white-hot Patriots to Lucas Oil Stadium. Despite a modest 7-6 record, the Colts have proven to be as gritty as they come after dropping four of their first five to engineer six wins over their last eight contests.
It’s a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock ‘n’ Roll)
6. Green Bay Packers (10-3 SU, 11-2 ATS) Next: at Ravens – The Packers fell behind the Bears last week but mounted a furious second half, outscoring their hosts, 24-3, en route to a 45-30 victory. Aaron Rodgers is proving MVP-worthy as he tossed four touchdowns and eviscerated the Bears’ secondary. The Packers will have their work cut out for them when they travel to Baltimore to face the Ravens in Week 15.
7. Arizona Cardinals (10-3 SU, 9-4 ATS) Next: at Lions – The Cardinals were looking to sweep the season series with the Rams but LA was locked and loaded, beating them in the trenches on both sides of the ball as Kyler Murray was sacked four times and picked off twice. The result was a 30-23 loss to their AFC West rivals but they still maintain their tenuous lead in the division with the Rams nipping at their heels.
8. Dallas Cowboys (9-4 SU, 10-3 ATS) Next: at Giants – The Cowboys are cruising to a division title and tightened the knot last week with a 27-20 win over Washington. Dallas allowed their hosts to get back in the game after taking a commanding 24-0 lead at the half but they ultimately prevailed and have now covered in a whopping 10 of their 13 games this season. The Boyz are not only the prettiest pig in the NFC “Least” but a legitimate threat to go far in the postseason.
9. San Francisco 49ers (7-6 SU, 6-7 ATS) Next: vs. Falcons – The 49ers are sneaky-good after dropping five of six they have mounted a comeback by winning four of their last five including last week’s thrilling 26-23 win over the Bengals in hostile territory. They are in a prime position to secure a wild card berth if they continue their winning ways.
10. Los Angeles Rams (9-4 SU, 6-7 ATS) Next: vs. Seahawks – The Rams dominated in the trenches with the Big Uglies having their way over the Cardinals on Monday night which contributed massively to their 30-23 victory over their divisional rivals. LA will have another AFC West tilt on tap this week when they welcome the Seahawks to SoFi Stadium.