It’s the final week of the Women’s World Cup group stages, with plenty of teams already sent packing, others still have a chance to qualify for the final sixteen.
Continue reading for our betting previews and soccer odds on Argentina vs. Sweden and Jamaica v Brazil.
Women’s World Cup Best Bets
Wednesday, August 02, 2023 – 03:00 AM EDT at Waikato Stadium
Argentina Key Facts
- Argentina has only found the back of the net twice in their previous 9 games.
- Argentina has never progressed past the group stage with this being their 4th World Cup.
- Argentina and Sweden have only faced off once before in the 2008 Olympics, Sweden came away as the 1-0 winner.
Sweden Key Facts
- Sweden is currently ranked 3rd in the FIFA Women’s World rankings whilst Argentina is down in 28th.
- Sweden has seen over 2.5 match goals in 7 of their previous 8 games played.
- Sweden has been World Cup runner-up twice and third-placed three times but has yet to win the tournament.
Argentina Has Reason to Win
Argentina has performed admirably in recent times, securing a 3rd place in Copa America as well as winning five of their previous six friendly games. Argentina lost 1-0 to Italy on matchday one and tied 2-2 with South Africa last time out, an impressive tie considering they were down 2-0.
That said they need all three points to advance into the round of sixteen and even that won’t be enough if Italy beats South Africa. All that is difficult enough without having to face one of the toughest teams in Women’s Soccer.
Sweden demolished Italy 5-0 last time out and came back from 1-0 down on matchday one to beat South Africa. This is going to be a total miss-match and Sweden is not one of those teams to take their foot off the gas like some heavy favorites who failed to pick up wins in recent days.
Multiple Choice Bets
Sweden will dominate this game from start to finish and we like multiple bets to cash in this game, with our pick of the bunch being Sweden win and over 1.5 goals at -110 at one of the top sportsbooks.
We also like Sweden’s team total Over 1.5 at -135. Sweden wins and Over 2.5 goals +150 and finally Sweden -1.5 handicap at +140.
All these look like solid positions for this matchup, although Argentina needs to win, it doesn’t mean they will and Sweden could arguably be more dangerous when Argentina opens themselves up in order to try and win the game.
Predicted Score: Argentina 0 – Sweden 3
Soccer Pick: Sweden Win & Over 1.5 Goals -110 at Bet365
Wednesday, August 02, 2023 – 06:00 AM EDT at Melbourne Rectangular Stadium
Jamaica Key Facts
- Jamaica ranks 43rd in the FIFA World rankings with their counterparts Brazil coming in 8th.
- In each of their previous 12 losses Jamaica has been losing at halftime.
- Jamaica have kept two clean sheets in their previous two games having previously had just one in eight.
Brazil Key Facts
- Brazil last faced Jamaica in a competitive game during the 2019 World Cup group stages, coming away as 3-0 winners.
- Brazil has scored an average of 2.2 goals in its previous five games.
- Brazil has won three of their previous four games.
Can Jamaica Avoid Defeat?
All the Reggae Girlz have to do is avoid losing and they will feature for the first time in their history in the knockout phase. Although that’s much easier said than done, as they face a team 35 spots ahead of them in the World rankings.
Jamaica did pick up their first-ever World Cup win with a 1-0 victory over Panama last time out, and they were missing their star player due to her being red-carded on matchday one 0-0 tie with France (an impressive result).
The problem for Jamaica is that Brazil needs to win to advance, so this will likely be a Brazilian bombardment for the majority of the game.
Jamaica will sit back and “park the bus” in this matchup, but we believe the Brazilians will be evidently too strong for Jamaica.
Had this been a somewhat formality that both teams would advance, we could maybe see Jamaica coming away with a surprise win or tie but with Brazil needing to win we can’t look beyond the South Americans.
Despite Jamaica’s strong defensive performance in recent games, this will be a challenging test as they face an explosively solid attacking team in a must-win situation, making goals likely.
Jamaica could quote literally be blown out of the water in this one so we are backing over 2.5 goals at -130.
Predicted Score: Jamaica 1 – Brazil 3
Soccer Pick: Over 2.5 Goals -125 at Bet365