Sunday’s Best Computer Pick
- Dallas-Golden Knights Under 5.5 Goals (-110) at BetMGM
Game two of the Western Conference finals takes place in Sin City between the Dallas Stars and Vegas Golden Knights.
The Knights are looking to take a 2-0 lead back to Dallas, but the Stars might have other ideas.
Using our OddsTrader’s NHL computer predictions, we have our best bet for the night.
Sunday, May 21, 2023 – 03:00 PM EDT at T-Mobile Arena
Dallas Struggling on the Road
Having now lost three of their previous four road games, Dallas needs to turn their away form around, preferably starting tonight. The Golden Knights have been superb on home ice in recent games, having gone 8-2 in their previous 10.
The Stars have had a decent record at the T-Mobile Arena in the past, having gone 5-6 overall. Too many of their recent road defeats have been down to poor defense, although they have scored 16 in their previous five road games, they have allowed 20.
Luckily for them, despite the Golden Knights’ strong 8-2 record recently, they have allowed 16 goals and scored 19 in their previous five home matchups.
It’s still all to play for tonight, and with this being the second game of the series, there’s still a long ways to go yet. The sportsbooks have outed the Stars to the biggest outsiders to win the cup now at +550 betting odds following their loss in game one.
Dallas Stars Key Facts
- The Dallas Stars are 24-41 ATS (-21.4 Units) in a road game where the total is 5.5 over the last 3 seasons.
- 5 of 7 games in this series have gone under the total over the last 3 seasons (+2.8 Units).
- Dallas is 5-10 in their last 15 games played on a Sunday when playing on the road.
- The Stars are 6-0 ATS (+6.0 Units) when trailing in a playoff series over the last 2 seasons.
Vegas Golden Knights
- The total has gone under in 4 of Vegas’ last 5 games against Dallas.
- Vegas is 8-2 in their last 10 games against an opponent in the Western Conference.
- The total has gone over in 8 of Vegas’ last 12 games.
- The Golden Knights are 35-20 ATS (+1.9 Units) in the second half of the season this season.
AI Predicting Home Victory
Our computer AI is predicting a tight low scoring affair yet again and a home victory, although both these teams have seen a lot of overs in recent games, we believe things will tighten up a little more in this second game.
The computer believes the Golden Knights will come away with a second win in a row in this game, but at -115 and minus three goaltenders, we believe it could be the other way around. Although we would like a better set of odds on the Stars to win than the current offer of +100, maybe at +110 or better, we would consider betting a Stars win.
Instead, look for the total to go under in this game two of the series.
Total to Stay Under
Both these two teams combined have only allowed 6 post-season goals as it is, and went even lower during the regular season, combining for just 5.4 goals per game. The -110 is a very fair set of odds for these two teams to see under five goals scored, although we wouldn’t be keen on laying much more than NHL odds of -115.
Although game one had 7 goals in total, it must be noted the winning goal was during overtime, and four of the goals didn’t come until the 3rd period. We expect another slow start to this game, and hope for not as many late goals as there were in the first game.
Interestingly, the over/under is currently heavily in favor of the under in these two teams’ previous 10 head-to-heads.
OddsTrader Predicted Score: Dallas Stars 2 – Vegas Golden Knights 3
NHL Pick: Under 5.5 Goals (-110) at BetMGM