Thursday’s AI Computer Picks
Using our OddsTrader NHL computer predictions, we were able to place tonight’s bets based on the information generated.
Two NHL matchups take place tonight, one of which could see the series end with a home victory, while the other is tied up at 2-2 and all to play for.
Thursday, May 11, 2023 – 07:00 PM EDT at PNC Arena
NJ Devils Must Improve Road Form
Having had an amazing start to the season with one of the best road records in the NHL and an overall 28-9-4 road record during the regular season the NJ Devils have since gone 4-6 in their previous 10 road games as well as having won just 2 of those during regulation.
If the Devils wish to stay in this playoffs, they must win on the road for the first time since their 3-1 victory over the New York Rangers having now gone 0-3 in their previous three road games.
The Devils have failed to cover the +1.5 PK line is their previous three road games.
New Jersey Devils
- The New Jersey Devils are 16-11 ATS (+30.7 Units) in road games revenging a home loss versus opponent over the last 2 seasons.
- New Jersey are 13-7 in their last 20 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan Division.
- The total has gone over in 8 of New Jersey’s last 12 games on the road.
- Carolina are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against New Jersey
- The total has gone over in 6 of Carolina’s last 7 games against New Jersey.
- The Hurricanes are 7-4 (+2.2 Units) against the spread versus the NJ Devils over the last 3 seasons.
Our computer is boldly predicting a low-scoring affair here and an underdog road victory, although it’s a very difficult matchup to call, right now the Devils at plus money seem like a nice option.
They should be up for this game and the Hurricanes can afford to lose twice in a row and still remain in the playoffs (not that they will want to do that).
Almost nobody will be giving the Devils a chance tonight, but this is the NHL playoffs and anything is possible.
OddsTrader Predicted Score: New Jersey Devils 2 – Carolina Hurricanes 1
NHL Pick: Devils ML (+115) at BetMGM
Thursday, May 11, 2023 – 09:30 PM EDT at American Airlines Center
Dallas Tie Series Up at 2-2
Having trailed 2-1 heading into game four, the Dallas Stars could have easily found themselves at the end of a 3-1 series deficit playing a very tough and resilient Kraken team on the road, but they duly delivered a victory for their fans winning 6-3.
The Stars are back on home ice tonight and look to take control of the series with a home win, which they have achieved in 3 of their 5 all-time games against the Kraken on home ice.
- The Seattle Kraken are 21-11 ATS (+32.1 Units) in road games second half of the season this season.
- Seattle are 10-5 SU in their last 15 games against an opponent in the Central Division.
- The Kraken are 15-8 ATS (+23.3 Units) revenging a home loss versus opponent this season.
- The Dallas Stars are 18-16 ATS (-7.6 Units) in a home game where the total is 6 or more this season.
- The Stars are 14-14 ATS (-12.7 Units) in home games second half of the season this season.
- Dallas are 10-4 in their last 14 games against an opponent in the Western Conference.
Although our computer is predicting a Stars home win, it’s also predicting the Kraken to cover the +1.5 PK line yet again, as we can see from the stats above, Seattle is one of the best ATS teams in the entire NHL and they have covered the spread in 12 of their previous 15 road games.
We can’t ignore the resilience of this team and their ability to keep games tight. They have covered the +1.5 spread in 60% of their all-time games against the Stars, and having lost by three goals last time, we expect a bounceback.
Don’t be surprised if the Kraken wins this game outright at +180.
OddsTrader Predicted Score: Seattle Kraken 2 – Dallas Stars 3
NHL Pick: Seattle Kraken +1.5 (-161) at BetMGM