Hurricanes vs. Devils: Devils ML (-130) at Bet365
- Hurricanes vs. Devils: Devils ML (-130) at Bet365
- Kraken vs. Stars: Under 5.5 Goals (-105) at BetMGM
Using OddsTrader’s NHL computer picks we were able to place tonight’s bets based on the information generated.
Two NHL playoff games take place today between the New Jersey Devils and Carolina Hurricanes as well as the Seattle Kraken and Dallas Stars.
Both series are currently 2-1, and with all to play for, check out what picks we are taking tonight aided by our computer’s predicted score.
Tuesday, May 09, 2023 – 07:00 PM EDT at Prudential Center
New Jersey Devils Revenge Early Defeats
Having lost the first two games of the series in Carolina by an aggregated score of 11-2 the NJ Devils made sure to bounce back on home ice in Game 3 with an 8-4 victory. The Devils started that game with purpose running out to a 4-0 lead by the early second period.
Of course, they were aided by their star player 21-year-old Jack Hughes, who registered four points on the night (2 goals and 2 assists).
- Carolina is 2-7 in their last 9 games when playing on the road against New Jersey.
- The total has gone over in 6 of Carolina’s last 8 games.
- The Hurricanes are 6-4 against the spread vs. the NJ Devils over the last 3 seasons (+0.8u).
New Jersey Devils
- The total has gone over in 8 of New Jersey’s last 12 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference.
- New Jersey is 8-2 in their last 10 games at home.
- The Devils are 25-35 ATS after a division game over the last 2 seasons (+65.3u).
The NJ Devils made sure they weren’t going to fade away in this series. With a strong home victory last time out, they will be confident they can tie the series up at 2-2 tonight. It helps that opponents Carolina have won just 30% of their previous 10 games in New Jersey.
Our computer predicts a one-goal winning margin tonight for the Devils. Having gone 8-2 in their previous ten home games, it’s worth laying the juice on the Devils to win yet again tonight.
Predicted Score: Carolina Hurricanes 2 – New Jersey Devils 3
NHL Pick: Devils ML (-130) at Bet365
Tuesday, May 09, 2023 – 09:30 PM EDT at Climate Pledge Arena
Seattle Surprises Yet Again
Very few expected the Seattle Kraken to knock out the defending Stanley Cup champions (Colorado Avalanche) in Round 1 and they did. They now lead this series 2-1 with today’s game on home ice before they head back to Dallas.
Seattle came away from the 3rd game of the series with a 7-2 victory over Dallas with four players scoring over 1.5 points on the night.
There’s still a long way to go in this series and the Dallas Stars will likely even it up tonight, but if the Kraken can manage a win, they will be putting themselves in a great spot to make the Conference finals.
- Seattle Kraken is 7-17 ATS (-15.3 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
- The total has gone under in 8 of Seattle’s last 12 games when playing as the underdog.
- The total has gone under in 9 of Seattle’s last 13 games.
- The Stars are 37-24 ATS when trailing in a playoff series since 1996.
- Dallas is 2-5 in their last 7 games played in May.
- Dallas is 9-4 in their last 13 games against an opponent in the Western Conference.
Although our computer agrees that the Dallas Stars will win tonight on the road, we don’t fancy laying -130 juice against a road team facing this Seattle Kraken outfit. They are a very resilient team even if they haven’t got a star-studded team or one specific star player.
Our computer predicts a low-scoring affair here and we are in agreement. The overs have been cashing in this series, but both teams combined for 5.6 goals during the regular season. We believe with the Kraken missing some key attacking players, the under could be on the cards tonight.
It’s rare to see four games in a row in the NHL playoffs go over the total and that would be the case tonight if it happened.
Predicted Score: Seattle Kraken 2 – Dallas Stars 3
NHL Pick: Under 5.5 (-105) at BetMGM