Top Weekend AI Computer Picks
- Dallas-Seattle Under 6.0 (-125) at BetMGM
- Golden Knights-Oilers Under 6.5 (+115) at Caesars Sportsbook
Both this weekend’s NHL games are elimination matchups, with the two teams trailing 3-2 on the brink of exiting the playoffs if they fail to win.
With the aid of our computer picks, we are targeting unders in both NHL playoff games.
Dallas Stars vs. Seattle Kraken
Saturday, May 13, 2023 – 07:00 PM EDT at Climate Pledge Arena
Don’t Rule Out The Kraken Just Yet
Just because the Dallas Stars hold a 3-2 series lead, doesn’t mean this is a finished matchup. Although the Stars must win one of two games and the Seattle Kraken must win both games, they have been one of the most resilient teams this season and came from 2-1 down to eventually beat the Colorado Avalanche 4-3 in round one.
Both teams entered into Game 5 with the series tied up, but the Dallas Stars made sure home advantage counted as they ran away with a 5-2 victory on the night thanks to three points from both their star players this post-season Roope Hintz and Jason Robertson.
The Seattle Kraken have traded wins and losses in all their home games thus far during the playoffs. Having gone L/W/L/W/L are they due a win tonight? Our computer doesn’t think so, and believes the Dallas Stars will advance tonight.
- Dallas are 6-2 in their last 8 games against an opponent in the Western Conference.
- The total has gone over in 7 of Dallas’ last 9 games on the road.
- The Stars are 7-4-0 straight up against Seattle over the last 3 seasons.
- Seattle are 26-18 ATS (+49.4 Units) revenging a loss versus opponents this season.
- The Kraken are 2-4 in their last 6 games at home.
- The total has gone over in 5 of Seattle’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Western Conference.
Our AI has gone for a Dallas Stars 3-2 victory tonight, but it’s hardly surprising as the sportsbooks agree with the Stars priced up at -140 NHL betting odds on the moneyline.
We are not so sure about the Stars coming away with a victory in this one, we especially don’t fancy betting them as road favorites. However. with our computer predicting just five goals in this matchup tonight, we are happy to lay the -120 juice one the under 6.0 total, it’s a push if we end on six goals.
OddsTrader Predicted Score: Dalla Stars 3 – Seattle Kraken 2
NHL Pick: Under 6.0 (-125) at BetMGM
Vegas Golden Knights vs. Edmonton Oilers
Sunday, May 14, 2023 – 01:00 PM EDT at Rogers Place
Edmonton On Brink of Another Post-Season Exit
Another Playoffs, another exit before getting into the final four could be on the cards for Edmonton tonight if they fail to pick up a win on home ice.
Last time out, the Oilers surrendered a 2-1 lead to eventually lose game five by a 4-3 scoreline, making it blow for blow now throughout the series, as neither team has won back-to-back games yet.
Our computer believes this trend will continue with a 3-2 predicted victory for Edmonton on the cards and although we are in agreement, we don’t like the -190 odds available on the home side here, and if we had to choose either moneyline, we would take Golden Knights at +150. That said, we believe the under is the better pick.
- The Edmonton Oilers are 25-9 ATS (+8.7 Units) revenging a loss versus opponents this season.
- The total has gone under in 6 of Edmonton’s last 8 games when playing at home against Vegas.
- Edmonton are 15-5 in their last 20 games.
Vegas Golden Knights
- Vegas are 20-11 ATS (+31.7 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season this season.
- The total has gone under in 4 of Vegas’ last 6 games.
- Vegas are 9-3 in their last 12 games against an opponent in the Western Conference.
Just two of the previous eight games between these teams went over 6.5 goals when facing at Rodgers Place, and with +115 available for the under yet again, we are more than prepared to bet this total line under for plus money.
It’s win or go home for the Oilers and it’s got to the stage of the season where defense has started to become a factor and the Oilers must look to shut the Golden Knights down, as relying on a shootout game going goal for goal hasn’t been working in the series, with both losses seeing the Oilers score less than two goals.
OddsTrader Predicted Score: Vegas Golden Knights 2 – Edmonton Oilers 3
NHL Pick: Under 6.5 (+115) at Caesars Sportsbook