Remember you can go over our nifty tool explanation with our Week 1 post and remember to check back every Tuesday for the latest analysis of the adjustment in the positions.
Let’s review the week that was and discuss our Top 10 this week.
1. Tampa Bay Bucs (2-0 SU, 1-1 ATS) Next: at LA Rams – The modern-day marvel that is Tom Brady continues to dazzle and amaze us.
At age 44, he is the Benjamin Buttons of professional sports, growing older yet looking younger. Last week he torched the Falcons for five touchdowns, en route to a 48-25 win.
But surrendering an average of 27 points per game, we must ask ourselves, is this Bucs’ defense good enough to maintain the top spot in our rankings and defend their Super Bowl title?
2. Buffalo Bills (1-1 SU, 1-1 ATS) Next: vs. Washington – Do you think the Bills were just a bit irritated by their opening week loss to the Steelers? It certainly appeared that way after they squished the Fish, 35-0, last week.
The Bills’ defense is for real but Josh Allen hasn’t returned to form yet. Maybe he will this week against the WFT.
3. New Orleans Saints (1-1 SU, 1-1 ATS) Next: at Patriots – After a shocking, 38-3 victory over the vaunted Green Bay Packers by virtue of five touchdown strikes from newly installed quarterback, Jameis Winston, the Saints fell from the heavens last week and lost to the Panthers.
Will this Jekyll and Hyde mentality continue or will New Orleans prove they are closer to their Week 1 performance than they are to last week’s lethargic effort.
4. Baltimore Ravens (1-1 SU, 1-1 ATS) Next: at Lions – After practically inviting the Raiders to a complimentary victory in Week 1, the Ravens made a statement last week with a monumental win over the Chiefs. Now can they keep their mojo going or is a letdown in Motown on the horizon?
5. Green Bay Packers (1-1 SU, 1-1 ATS) Next: at 49ers – After a stunning loss to the Saints, the Packers showed the world that it was nothing more than a fluke when they dismantled the Lions, 35-17, on Monday night. But their trip to the Bay Area will prove their mettle when they take on the 49ers this week.
6. Kansas City Chiefs (1-1 SU, 0-2 ATS) Next: vs. Chargers – Patrick Mahomes is slingin’ it like a champ but the Kansas City defense looks more susceptible than they have over the last few years.
A 33-29 win over a gritty and improving Browns squad in Week 1 was good but not good enough to cover the NFL odds at all of the best online sportsbooks. They then packed up and hit the road for a date with the Ravens and came out on the short end of a thrilling 36-35 decision.
A date with the Bolts should get them back on track, but this year, you never know.
7. Los Angeles Rams (2-0 SU, 1-1 ATS) Next: vs. Buccaneers – The Matthew Stafford era has arrived in LA and the results thus far are promising. After waxing the Bears in Week 1, the Rams eked out a gritty 27-24 road win over the Colts. They have a marquee matchup with the Bucs this week and it’s gonna be a dandy!
8. Seattle Seahawks (1-1 SU, 1-1 ATS) Next: at Vikings – After leading throughout Sunday’s game against the Titans, the Seahawks decided to kick back in the final quarter and get ready for their date with the Vikings this week.
The problem was, the Titans still believed they had a chance and scored 14 fourth-quarter points and came away with a 33-30 overtime victory.
Seahawks’ bettors were counting their money until they were cursing their television screens. The silver lining for Seattle fans is that Russell Wilson remains awesome.
9. Indianapolis Colts (0-2 SU, 1-1 ATS) Next: at Titans – We will grant you it is not often we see a winless team in our Top 10 but here we are.
The Colts have had a brutal early schedule with losses to the Seahawks, and last week to the Rams, while a date with the Titans in Tennessee looms.
But this is a team relying on a career renaissance from a young quarterback who can’t seem to stay healthy. Stay tuned.
10. Arizona Cardinals (2-0 SU, 1-1 ATS) Next: at Jaguars – If there is a team on the rise and a player on the verge of entering the rarified air of elite NFL quarterbacks, the Cardinals and their uber-talented gunslinger Kyler Murray are it.
The birds are soaring high in the desert this season.
Make sure to check out all of the OddsTrader Power Rankings and see if you agree where they stand. But if not, let us know! Also, don’t forget to work on your betting strategy with our specialized blog.